Saturday 28 September 2013

Weekly update

Well, it has been a couple of weeks since I last blogged...it's not my fault...there was an issue with getting signed in and accessing my blog and although I tried, it just wasn't happening! :(

Anyway, here we are again so let me tell you what has been happening...

Briar participated in the Interschool Cross Country and after I stood around in freezing cold wind for a couple of hours doing marshalling duty, I was EXTREMELY proud to watch her cross the finish line.......FIRST!!!! Yep, fastest 10yr old in Tokoroa! Well done, Briar. She absolutely ran her heart out and lead from start to finish-there was no way anyone was getting past her!



Olivia has gained a bronze badge as part of a school initiative to encourage students both academically and personally to achieve high standards. There are three levels (bronze, silver and gold) and she is determined to have her silver badge by the end of the year and gold by end of year 8-great goals, Olivia!


In soccer news...Briar scored her first goal of the season!! Yay, Briar! She was SO pleased with herself-especially as she had a challenge going with her uncle who also wanted to score a goal for his soccer team before the end of the season. It was with great glee she skyped Uncle Arthur to inform him that she had indeed netted a goal...had he managed one too?? Oh really...no? Oh dear...
Briar, stop grinning so hard!!


It is now school holiday time and it has started with a Regional Guide Camp in Matamata. Pity the weather hasn't really played its part but I am sure the girls will return home on Sunday tired but happy.
I am not sure what the rest of the fortnight will bring but I am sure we will fill the days! Daylight saving begins tomorrow-yay! I love the lighter evenings...more time outside.





No comments:

Post a Comment