Tuesday 6 September 2016

As most people who know me will already know...I LOVE SNAIL MAIL!!!
I had two penpals when I was younger (OK, a LOT younger-in my early teens) but, sadly, lost contact with them in my late teens. One was a girl from Japan and the other a girl from Finland. I still remember Eva-Marja's name and that she sent me the most gorgeous ceramic decorative plate from her country! I wonder where she is now?

A few years ago I discovered a couple of websites dedicated to sending/receiving mail. One is www.swap-bot.com and the other is www.postcrossing.com. I won't go into details as many of you will already know of them. If not, do check them out. And lately I have discovered a new site  www.25stamps.club And, of course, www.leagueofextraordinairypenpals.com.

I collected stamps as a child and then stopped for many years. I passed my collection on to my daughter who has done what I did-showed an interest for a year or so then stopped! So, meantime, I have taken my album back (don't want it to get lost in the debris of her bedroom!!!) and have since rediscovered my love of stamps. This is how I found the 25stamps club-you send 25 stamps to another member then your name comes up and someone else sends you 25 stamps. Perfect for moving duplicate stamps along and obtaining stamps from many other countries!

So, with all those websites (and I am sure there are PLENTY more) I have always got something of interest in my letterbox. Oh yes, almost forgot...every February is LetterMo www.lettermo.com which I have mentioned here on my blog in the past. Anyway, from time to time I like to post pictures of my mail and I just have to show you what I received yesterday. Imagine my surprise, and delight, to open my letterbox and see....not a bill in sight!!

 
 
 
Upon opening all these wonderful envelopes I found the following delights...
 
 
stamps, an RAK from a lovely lady on Swapbot and another from LEP, postcards and a penpal letter. What a fantastic mail day -it certainly brought a smile to my face! Who doesn't like to receive mail?
 
But, of course, as I tell my girls-to GET mail you must SEND mail!!! So, if you would like to have a "happy mail" day check out some of the above websites and ...send some mail! Or you can always write to me...I will certainly send a reply!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment