Wednesday 20 November 2013

Stationery

Anyone who knows me, knows I love to write letters...and receive them!! I have several international penpals and some local friends too that I write to regularly and I like to vary the stationery I send them. However, with only one stationery store in town I often struggle to find different designs. I have attempted to make my own but it is not very professional looking and I find it uses up my time that could be spent writing!

Luckily a couple of years ago I stumbled upon a wonderful penpal blog written by a lovely Canadian girl, Julie. (I think all Canadians must be wonderful as I have a sister-in-law and a penpal who are both Canadian and are just the nicest people I know :)  )

Anyway, Julie designs her own stationery and does an AMAZING job of it! She recently offered a "stationery of the week" service where the design is made available for one week only then a new one is offered. So we are getting fabulous variety, and I can vouch for the quality of her stationery, having ordered it in the past. I have just ordered this gorgeous set and can't wait to receive it and start my Christmas letters to my penpals.

Go and have a look around her blog-it is amazing- and who knows? You may even find yourself a penpal! :)    www.penpaloftheweek.com

Thanks, Julie, for your commitment and hard work in offering letter writers everywhere a wonderful choice in stationery-I for one am very thankful for what you do!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words, Jeanette! And yes, Canadians rule! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Finnish anecdote (or whatever) on Canada, but first about the stationery: I've tried to find new stationery to send to my foreign penpals (NZ, US...) for xmas but without luck O.O I'm shocked to find only the small, childish type - and even only a few of those. My own stash is ok for a few (6) months but seems that I have to go shopping online as well. Thanks you for this tip!

    Canada: here in Finland we had this comedy show years and years back, called Kummeli. There was this joke that whenever someone asked you anything, you replied "Canada!" At that time people had the habit of yelling Canada everywhere... But it was funny!

    ReplyDelete