Sunday 13 April 2014

Mount Maunganui

During the summer school holidays, I found myself in Tauranga, more specifically at the Mount. Alone...without children...nothing to do...a beautiful day...all to myself!! Woohoo!!!!

I decided I would climb to the summit of Mt Maunganui as it was MANY years ago since I had last done that. In fact, I'm not 100% sure I have actually been to the top before...

 
There's my goal-the summit!
 
 
It's been a long, hot summer...
 
 
and there were lots of people enjoying the Mount.
 
 
The tracks were easy to walk and well maintained.


 
The views got better and better the higher up I got...
 
 
I had forgotten how much Mt Maunganui had grown over the years.
 
 
Yay, I made it to the top...
 
 
...it was a busy place to be!
 
 
There was a memorial but I didn't get to read it because there was a family picnicking right near it and I didn't want to  intrude! I felt awkward enough taking the photo!!
 
 
Back down...certainly easier than going up! But it was a fabulous walk and I met a couple of lovely people to chat with on the walk down which just made my day that much better.
I'm so glad I decided to do the walk rather than go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment