Sunday 13 April 2014

Over The Moon

Yes, I am "Over The Moon"...well, more specifically I am AT Over The Moon...Dairy Co, that is! I started working for the Putaruru-based company on Feb 3rd as a 'Sales and Admin Support' person. I kind of have 3 strands to my job...first, I am an administrator for the NZ Cheese School which is a sister company to OTM and runs cheesemaking courses for DIY home cheese makers as well as professional courses for industry-based people. I take registrations and handle enquiries, set up the training room prior to a course, order supplies and generally promote the NZCS. See here  for the website.

The second part of my job is to provide support to the Sales Manager. I take phone and email orders from customers and help get our cheeses out into the public for consumption. Our cheeses only have a limited shelf life so we are always looking to move the cheese to prevent as much wastage as possible.

Finally, I spend one day a week in the deli. This is the retail part of the company and is a fantastic showcase for the beautiful cheeses. I spend Tuesdays in the deli, providing tastings of certain cheeses, selling the goodies on offer like macadamia brittle, chutneys and dressings from Peplers, fruit pastes and spreads, and Dundee cake and many other delectable delights! Plus, I have finally learnt how to make coffee!! yay, I am so stoked...I have always wanted to be a barista...OK, not properly trained but I can now knock out a decent flat white or latte...woohoo! Here is the link to the website for Over The Moon. 

I absolutely LOVE my new job...life is EXTREMELY busy now but I am so happy to be working. I love my varied workload, my work colleagues are great and it is great to feel productive and useful! My boss is amazing and very accommodating...I was even able to attend a one day course in my second week at work! I learnt how to  make a cheddar-style cheese and am now hooked. I want to learn how to  make other types but am now too busy working!!!!??? O h, the irony! :)

Anyway, here is a photo of some mozzarella I also got to make...and the resulting use of it.

 
Yum, a classic salad, and all from our garden or fair hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment