Friday 17 May 2013

Bird spotting

I love running and my latest training is taking place in our local mountain bike park where I run amongst pine trees and bush listening to the sound of birdsong (when I'm not puffing TOO loudly!)
Earlier this year I was amazed to suddenly spot an unusual looking bird I had never seen before...
...a long-tailed cuckoo!



It was very cool to see and even though I keep a lookout, I haven't seen another one since. But while I was out running today I came across another bird that isn't very commonly seen...


...a black robin!
Isn't he cute? He was on the ground and I nearly stood on him before he flew off. It certainly adds to the experience of running when you don't know what you are going to discover. I wonder what other birds I may come across in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment