Thursday 27 June 2013

Swap-bot

One of my favourite websites is Swap-bot- a site with amazingly talented, creative people...and me! LOL. The idea is that you join a swap and create whatever item the swap calls for and send it off to your partner. You then (hopefully) receive a similar item from another partner. I love swapping for three reasons:

1. It makes me spend time being creative and crafty.
2. I have learnt how to make some new art and crafts I had never heard of.
3. I love to see how other people create items and what techniques they use.

I stumbled across the site when I was looking for somewhere to swap ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) which I had discovered a couple of years ago. My daughters and I had made some for each other but decided we needed to widen our swapping pool! Since then I have swapped everything from postcards to teabags to mail art to art journal pages to paper dolls to letters to stamp bags to friendship books to ATCs!! Plus a whole lot more. I've 'met' amazingly creative people, all willing to share their love of crafting. And I have even gained some penpals from the site :) so these days I generally have a very happy mailbox-yay!

Here is my latest swap-an ATC swap titled "Sheep".


I hope my partner is happy-it is always a bit scary for me when I join an 'art' swap coz I'm certainly not an artist!! But I love having a go! I can't wait to see what I receive...

1 comment:

  1. I've been on swap-bot as well :) Not in a long time though. The sheep above right are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete