Tuesday 20 August 2013

Snail mail!

I love writing letters and sending them out in ways to make the recipient smile, whether that is by decorating the envelope or making the letter itself more interesting.

I found some 'make-it-yourself' jigsaw puzzles in the $2 shop recently and decided they would make great letters.  :)

 
So, after writing the above letter I broke up the puzzle, popped it in an envelope and sent it on its way.
 
Let's hope the recipient can put it together and actually read it!
 
 
 
 
 
Of course, when you send a letter you then usually receive a letter! My girls keep asking me why I get so much mail and I tell them it is because I write lots!
 
The above is a colourful assortment that arrived in my letterbox recently. Yay!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Finally...I have been participating in a couple of swaps lately on Swap-bot and these photos show one of the swaps - Mail Art for Your Country. The envelope had to be decorated front and back with icons/famous landmarks from your country along with the name of the country on the front. This is my effort...on its way to Finland.
 
 
So, feeling great about the mail I am sending and receiving although I do still have a lot of penpals to reply to...luckily, they seem patient and willing to wait.  I'm slowly catching up and look forward to hearing back from them to start the process all over again!
 
Have you sent any mail lately??

2 comments:

  1. Of course I've sent mail! I just mailed one letter to NZ ;) Although it was written on plain regular stationery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, plain regular stationery counts too! Hmmm, I wonder who the lucky recipient will be??!! ;)

    ReplyDelete